This week here at 365lessthings I going to focus my posts on A Word A Day. Each day I will bring to you one word and I will give you my take on how the word relates to decluttering. The word for today is…
- LESS stuff, this is clearly the main object of decluttering
- The LESS stuff you have the LESS time spent maintaining them, cleaning, organising etc.
- LESS possessions to be concerned about being lost of stolen or insured.
- Once you learn to stop accumulating unnecessary items the LESS money you will be wasting and the LESS impact you will make on the environment.
- Once you have let go of those items you no longer use you will experience LESS guilt knowing they have gone to someone who has more use for them. Plus you will no longer be reminded of how much cash you wasted on them in the first place.
- The more you declutter the LESS desire you have to ever accumulate unnecessary items again.
- The LESS clutter you have when you die the LESS of a burden it is for those left behind to deal with.
- The LESS stuff you have the LESS space you will require to accommodate it then you will need a dwelling with LESS of a environmental footprint on the earth which creates LESS waste on many levels. (Check out Slow Home)
- The LESS clutter there is the LESS time I spend looking for lost items.
- The LESS time I waste being distracted by the clutter. (Thanks Willow for these last two)
If this list isn’t reason enough to pare down your belongings then I don’t know what is!
ITEM 172 OF 365 LESS THINGS