Today’s word is…
C O N S I D E R A T E
Show respect for yourself, your fellow human beings and the environment…
Be CONSIDERATE when shopping
- Constantly buying items you do not need puts a strain on the world’s resources.
Be CONSIDERATE to the environment
- To process resources to produce the items we buy puts a strain on the environment. Also the more we own the more space we need to store these items the bigger the footprint we leave on this planet.
Be CONSIDERATE to family
- In order to purchase un-necessary items requires money that has to be earned. The more you buy the harder you have to work to provide the money for those excesses. That time working is time not spent with your family.
Be CONSIDERATE to those left behind
- Nobody lives for ever and there is always someone who has to take care of the things left behind when we leave this world. This passing is sad enough on our loved ones without the added stress of sorting through excess possessions.
Be CONSIDERATE to those less fortunate than you
- Donate your excess items to a charity so they can help others who are less fortunate than you. Better still instead of buying un-necessary items make a cash donation to a charity it will help others and you will feel good about yourself as well.
I know I have been guilty in the past of not being considerate of all of these things but I vow to be better than this now and in the future.
ITEM 178 OF 365 LESS THINGS