Cindy recently sent me a list of subjects she would like me to cover in some posts. One of the subject was decluttering with friends. Although this sounds like a fun approach to decluttering I personally have had no experience of it aside from palming my unwanted stuff off onto them. Unfortunately my friends still love to shop and have not embraced my minimising lifestyle at all.
What I would like though, in order to satisfy Cindy’s desire for the subject, is to canvas my readers on any experience you have had with this. If you have a story to share with me please send me an email through CONTACT COLLEEN with “Helping Hand” in the subject line. I would rather you did that than leave a comment at the bottom of this post. This way I can collate the information and send it out in an upcoming post.
I did broach this subject once on day 76 in relation to getting a friend to help declutter your wardrobe. I suppose the advantages I wrote about in that post could relate just as well to other clutter not only clothes. Some of the benefits could be..
- Someone to help you choose what stays and what goes
- Someone to share the work load
- Someone to pick you up and keep you focused
- Someone to make you a good strong coffee when the strain gets you down
- Someone to share resources with (borrow rather than keep)
- Someone to have a good laugh with at the silly things you didn’t realise you still own.
I won’t add any more at this point I will leave the ideas up to you so please don’t disappoint Cindy and send in those emails.
ITEM 186 OF 365 LESS THINGS