A guest post by Cindy Bogard
I am writing this on Sunday, although I know you are not reading it on Sunday. At my house, we take Sunday as a day of rest and family time. So instead of writing a blog, I am going to list the things that I am grateful for today. I challenge you to use to comment section to add your own gratitude list.
Cindy’s Gratitude List
- Insulin, which was not discovered until the 1920s and without which my daughter would die.
- The fantastic weather we’ve had for the past month.
- My friends Holly and Dan T and my mother who spent 8 hours yesterday helping Dan and I paint. (Dan T did the 16” ceilings in the stairwell!) Also Holly’s husband Steve, who took the kids away with him for the day.
- That my husband is still employed when so many others have lost their jobs.
- Books on CD, which amuse the girls and me when we are in the car.
For Cindy – Today’s decluttered item is courtesy of Dan: 2 remote control cars.
ITEM 299 OF 365 LESS THINGS
I have soooo many hand towels that I really don’t need these holey ones
Colleen’s Gratitude List
Amidst the haze of sadness it makes life more bearable to concentrate on the good things in our lives. There are so many things to be grateful for that we take for granted every day until we find ourselves in a position where our focus changes
- A good nights sleep – It is amazing how emotions running wild can wear you out. I am so glad we seem to be able to get some sleep at night.
- Good private health insurance.
- Our boy is making great progress. He is awake at last and starting to speak, he can recognise us and has written some stuff down but is a bit confused and distressed about what he has done to himself.
- My little girl being here for her little brother and for us and doing what she can to help.
- All the prayers and good wishes from all those wonderful people out there that took the time to care.