Polish Apple Pancake Recipe
A simple healthy recipe with very few ingredients that requires very little effort
1 cup plain flour
1 tblspn sugar
½ tspn salt
1 tblspn vegetable oil
1 cup skim milk
4 medium green apples peeled & thinly sliced
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. (I use a whisk to aerate these dry ingredients)
- In another bowl using the same whisk lightly beat eggs, milk and oil.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter by half cupfuls onto a greased griddle on medium heat and spread to form a 5 inch circle.
- Turn when bubbles begin to form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
These portions will make about 8 pancakes. I usually only mix up half this amount for my hubby and I
Note:- these are a delicious breakfast alternative. It is a very basic recipe that can be spiced up with a little cinnamon for added flavour. In fact you could be very imaginative as to what you could add to make them interesting.
Item of 365 less things
Yes! The storage containers are flying out the door at this stage of my declutter mission. They are one thing I am not going to keep “just in case”. There will be no case where I will be needing them.
5 Things I am grateful for today
- Another nice cool overcast day.
- Finally getting my Christmas shopping out of the way – Yes it took me until a week before Christmas to get the ONE gift I had to buy. Maybe I am taking this Minimal Christmas thing too far.
- Finding time to do a little crafting.
- Take-out for dinner – Mmmmmmmm curry!
- Clothes airers – I prefer to hang our clothes inside rather than have them fading out in the sun or wasting electricity using the dryer.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.