I have been spending a bit more time in my craft room lately but at the same time I flit here and there doing other things. I must confess I have not spent the sort of time I should have tidying up after myself as I went. As a result my tool drawer in my craft room was looking like this when I needed something out of it today…
…Needless to say I spent longer looking for what I needed that it really should have taken. The drawer didn’t need decluttering it just needed a good tidy up. So I pulled all the items out of the drawer…
…I had a good look at what was there and indeed there was only one item that required decluttering. The rest either needed to be put back in their proper place elsewhere in my craft area or just rearranged back into their rightful place in the drawer. And here is the result…
… I think you would have to agree that this looks a whole lot more user friendly that the before shot. It took ten minutes tops to get this drawer back to the way it should be and it was well worth the effort. Now when I need something it will be effortless to find.
The beauty of a decluttered home is that once it holds only the things you use it is a lot easier to put things right even if they do get a little out of hand. Simply because there is a place for everything and enough room for every thing it fit in it’s place.
Item 352 of 365 less things
This is the one item that I not longer have a use for among the item in my tool drawer. I have put it in the charity box.
5 Things I am grateful for today
- The cool air seeping into the house after I open the door first thing in the morning – Remember it is Summer here in the great Land Down Under.
- The little twinge that gets me up and doing something useful.
- How little effort it takes to clean out a drawer – I did three today. they didn’t need decluttering they just needed tidying.
- Realising a mistake before you go too far with it – Nothing drastic here just trying to reorganise something and I could see my plan wasn’t going to work before I wasted too much time on it.
- A nice evening walk with my guys – They may have been ganging up on me and trying to push me into the odd bush or two and walking off the other way when I wasn’t looked but it was fun anyway.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.