Key 1 – Don’t bite off more than you can chew
If you are finding the idea of decluttering your home daunting maybe you are thinking too much about the big picture. Maybe you are picturing turning over entire rooms and disrupting the household. That isn’t necessary. Just work on one small area at a time. Even if you want to focus on one room at a time just clean out a drawer, then another, then one side of the closet, then the other, then under the bed… Limit yourself to one hour jobs so you can easily get finished in one time period and leave no mess when done.
Item 357 of 365 less things
One short conversation with a friend and this VCR had a new home. They wanted to digitise their video collection but no longer had a VCR and we were only too happy to help.
5 Reflections of gratefulness for the highlights of this year
- The miraculous recovery of our son from his head injury – This one has to go to the top of the list.
- Our wonderful one month vacation in Italy.
- Starting this crazy resolution to declutter – It has made a big difference to my life.
- The big family get together – It was nice to see my mother-in-law surrounded by all her children and grandchildren.
- Surviving a four month separation from my husband while he was in the Middle East.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.