It’s the day after Christmas. It will soon be the 2014. What are some things you can declutter before the New Year begins? It’s a busy time of year. Holidays mean company, cooking, presents, and so many other extra things. Do you even have time to think about this let alone do anything? Take some time with your spouse, family, &/or significant other, if you can, to think ahead.
Here are a few examples:
1. Before putting away all the Christmas decorations, declutter those you did not use this year.
2. Did you get some gifts that you really do not want? Declutter them.
3. How can you streamline life better this year? Prioritize, eliminate, keep.
4. What things do you want to do as a family in 2014? How can you plan them into your schedule? Get out the calendar and schedule them now as much as possible.
5. Make a list of things you did in 2013, for Christmas, for birthdays, etc. that worked and those that did not. On the 2014 calendar mark a reminder to help you do the things that worked.
6. Can you cut back on your list of people to receive cards or gifts?
7. What major decluttering goals do you have for 2014? Plan how to get everyone on board and when to do it.
8. Do not forget to think about emotional and mental decluttering.
I am sure you can think of additional examples. The idea is to look at the past for things that caused life to be cluttered and got in the way. Next, look at what you want for the future. Finally, decide how to make things more like what you want to see. Good luck.