Once again it was a strong week for insightful comments and here are the five I selected for you not to miss.
I loved the words of wisdom at the end of this comment from Kelley ~ Having done quite a bit of decluttering this year it’s clear to me how much better I feel with less stuff around… Read the entire comment here.
If you read no other comment this week make sure you read this one by Deb J it is a perfect example of what slow and steady decluttering is all about ~ Oh how I know what you mean about “interesting” papers… Read more
I have received several comments from Chelle this week, a new reader who was becoming overwhelmed with her decluttering efforts. ~ Thank you for these words. I have been working frenetically and it’s overwhelming… Read more. You can read her three comments that lead to this point here, here and here.
I had to add this comment even though it was by me but once you read it I think you will understand why I wanted to include it ~ Congratulations Cindy…Read more
And finally, I really liked this comment from Cindy giving her take on declutter regrets. I think it says it all about how the memories are more important than the stuff.
* * * * * *
I had some good input this week from readers comments that helped me find some great links for you to digest and here are my favourite five.
Unclutterer ~ Ask unclutterer – dreaded filing
I didn’t have to go much further than my comments section to find this little gem either from one of our fellow readers/commenters/bloggers *pol ~ Once was a Crow ~ Another decluttering epiphany
And I couldn’t resist throwing this one into the mix which is also from *pol at Once was a Crow ~Today I am David What a great effort don’t you think?
Today’s Declutter Item
I have dragged this around with me since I was a child and I have to admit I have rarely looked at it. Someone might find it at the thrift shop and think it is great. I hope so anyway because that is where it went.
My Gratitude List
- Something that made me laugh ~ Liam making fun of me because I can get a little scatter-brained at times. I believe it is a good quality to be able to laugh at yourself and I have had a lot of practice.
- Something Awesome ~ Warm towels straight out of the dryer.
- Something to be grateful for ~My husband arrived home safe and sound again and I have my bed warmer back.
- Something that made me happy ~More sunshine ~ I have opened up all the blinds in order to do some natural heating of the house while it lasts.
- Something I found fascinating ~ This video that I added to a comment response to Willow. Even though I have seen the full series over and over again I still find it fascinating. The method used to cut the exact notch for the posts to fit together captivated me from wo to go.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow