Friday’s Favorites, but Not Five
Once again I am delving into the cyberworld to ferret out interesting and useful blogs for your enjoyment. Because this week was lower than usual on comments, and higher than usual on blog suggestions, I decided to change it up a bit. Hopefully I won’t be in trouble with you or with Colleen!
1. Since so many readers have lots of scrapbooking materials, I love this guide to holiday gift making. It’s July – time to start, right? (Warning, at least one of the links doesn’t work any more.) http://smallnotebook.org/2008/11/11/holiday-gifts-handmade-with-paper/
2. Blogger Barbara Crafton says good-bye to her old (inanimate) friends at a yard sale. http://geraniumfarm.org/dailyemo.cfm?Emo=1309
3. Katie at Making This Home gives some nice guidelines for dealing with heirlooms. http://www.makingthishome.com/2010/06/28/the-decluttering-project-heirlooms-sentimental-items/
4. Is it cheating to pick two posts from the same blog? Here Katie talks about resisting the lure of shopping. I found the tidbit that the average American woman buys 60 new clothing items a year shocking. My family of four might buy 60 items for everyone, including school uniforms. http://www.makingthishome.com/2011/06/13/is-the-no-new-clothes-challenge-worth-it/
5. The Minimalist Packrat shares ideas on helping your kids to declutter. http://minimalistpackrat.com/2011/03/02/helping-kids-declutter-their-stuff/
And, for your additional reading enjoyment, two links that I especially liked from this week’s interviews.
6. From Bea at The Zero Waste Home, who thinks that our love of cleaning products is out of control. http://zerowastehome.blogspot.com/2010/05/cleanliness-standards-revised.html
7. And Dave at The 100 Things Challenge muses on dealing with the disappointment of things not going according to plan. http://guynameddave.com/2011/06/never-quite-according-to-plan/
Today’s Declutter Item (from Colleen)
I believe this is the last of the travel toiletries. I do solemnly swear that these will be the last ever to clutter up my bathroom cabinet as I believe that the purge is now complete and I plan for it to stay that way.
Something I Am Grateful For Today
All the love that we have experienced in life whether fleeting, lost, long term or form those who have passed on. Look at all these experiences in a positive light no matter if the experience ended in sadness because that fact that someone loved you