This week we are going to concentrate on consolidating an area of your home that seems to have somehow become scattered. Let me explain using my home as an example. When I first started decluttering there were tools all over the house. In the office, in the laundry, in the kitchen drawers and in the garage. Over time I gathered them all up and relegated most of them to the garage while keeping just the one inside tool kit in the laundry cupboard for those quick inside jobs. Tools may not be your issue maybe you have stationary all over the house, toiletries here there and everywhere, sports equipment, books etc. So I have come up with a series of mini missions for the week to reunite like objects in your home.
- Monday – Give some thought as to what it may be that is lurking in places all over your house. Items that for ease of finding when you need them would be best gathered up and kept in the same location.
- Tuesday – Start gathering up these items from the places you know they are hiding.
- Wednesday – Now that you have all the items together declutter the items out of the group that you no longer have a use for.
- Thursday – Get together any storage solution containers you may need to organise these items and prepare them for their new home.
- Friday – Decide where you are going to store these items and do whatever rearranging you need to do to fit them in and rehouse any displaced items.
- Saturday – Place your items in their new home making sure to arrange them in the most convenient positioning to suit your needs.
- Sunday – Today you can sit back and enjoy your handy work. See I am not the slavedriver you think I am after all everyone is entitled to at least one day off a week.
Good luck and happy decluttering
Today’s Declutter Item
These two Star Wars toys found a new home with the son of a good friend.
Things I am grateful for since my last post
- A lovely walk by the beach with my hubby on Saturday evening before dinner.
- Finding a great burger place – Actually it wasn’t a case of finding it but more about finally getting around to trying it.
- Sleeping late on Sunday morning.
- Finding my lost picture files – I will be even more grateful when we find my lost word documents (It’s a long story that I won’t bore you with.)
- Funny lines in movies – sometimes a person needs a good laugh to brighten up the day.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.