This week I have been glad to see some new additions to our fold of commenters. There have also been a few comments from some fairly recent new-comers which is also great but quite a number of our old faithfuls seem to be on vacation somewhere. Where have you all gone I am missing you.
Loretta in response to Excessive clutter…– I definitely suffer from lethargy, being a naturally idle person… Read more I loved this response from Loretta simply because she was so up front about her idle streak and I like people who are honest with me and with themselves.
Susan S in response to Mini Mission Monday – Thank you, Colleen, for this week’s mini-missions… Read more
Here are the five post or web sites I enjoyed reading this week. I hope they are useful or inspiring to you.
Psychology Today – The procrastination equation/201101/crazy-procrastinating maybe
Slow Simple Conscious – When-did-shopping-become-a-verb?
Listen Feel Breathe – Can-one-word-change-an-entire-mindset
Small Notebook – Loosen-the-grip-of-more-stuff
1000 Awesome Things –Unpacking-the-last-box
Today’s Declutter Item
Magazines for the recycling bin. I no longer subscribe to magazines for two reasons 1.) They can be hard to part with ounce they enter my house. 2.)They are just far too expensive here in Australia. The price was an instant cure for my craft mag fetish.
I am grateful from anything that brings me joy. Below are five things that gave me joy today.
- Treating a friend to lunch for her birthday and giving her one of my handmade cards.
- Hearing the magpies warbling as I drank my first cup of coffee this morning.
- Choosing two items out of my wardrobe today that I had never thought to wear together before. They matched perfectly and I can’t think why I hadn’t thought combined them before today.
- Getting a phone call from my girl telling me she got a pay rise today because she is doing a good job. It is nice to know that there is at least one boss left in Australia who knows how to treat his valued staff. I am also pleased that my daughter has a good work ethic.
- Google maps – There is go much to discover about your city before you even leave your lounge room.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.