A place for everything and everything in it’s place!
- If you always know where everything is you won’t need to replace it because you can’t find it.
Know the difference between need and want
- It is easy to convince yourself that something you want is something you need. Don’t be fooled by this.
Only shop for what you need
- This one speaks for itself, if you aren’t bringing anything you don’t need into your home it will stay uncluttered.
Make it clear you don’t want clutter gifts
- If you plan ahead with this one it will save a lot of embarrassment of refusing to accept such gifts.
Remove clutter receptacles in your home
- Adding clutter is difficult if you have no where to store it. Things such as bookcases, display cabinets, baskets, shelves and storage containers are clutter receptacles. Get rid of them as soon as you get rid of the clutter that was in them or you may just fill them up again.
Don’t sacrifice your principals for the desires of others
- Don’t accept other peoples clutter just so you don’t hurt their feelings. Your feelings matter too and you shouldn’t be expected to sabotage your lifestyle in this way.
Remove any items that become useless immediately
- Lifestyle changes are inevitable as time goes by. Once an item become of no further use to you remove it from your home or once again clutter will start to develop. Just because something wasn’t clutter once doesn’t mean it won’t become clutter in the future.
It am sure there are more strategies that should be on this list but it is late and I am tired so I will leave it at that for now. If anyone has anything they think should be included please leave a comment and I will add itÂ and perhaps make a page of it.
ITEM 196 OF 365 LESS THINGS