Once again there has been some great comments this week elaborating on the topics at hand. Here are this weeks favourite five.
It is clear from this comment from Ornela that she has her shoppingÂ strategiesÂ all worked out. With a plan like this in place there should be no more fear of clutter building up in her home. ~ I am slowly learning to shop by list only… Read more
This comment from Melissa is a good example why it is important to sort and label your photo collection.
This is the comment chosen by Cindy from the responses to her Weekly Wisdom this week, it is from Ideealistin who clearly understood the concept Cindy was putting forward. Read the comment here.
Eve tells us how she found her target audience in this comment. Well done Eve this is a great example of how easy it can be to find homes for your unwanted items where they will be appreciated all over again.
With the added difficulty of living in the country, Wendy has still managed to find a way to be as resourceful as she can when it comes to getting rid of her decluttered items. Read all about one of her rehousing efforts here.
Now for the five posts/articles from the web that I found interesting or inspiring this week.
Exconsumer ~ When time is an investment in personal happiness
Marc and Angel hack Life ~ 20-ways to make today unforgettable
Minimalist Packrat ~ A guide to instant simplifying
My Zero Waste ~ A saving for me at a cost to the environment
One less ~ The bus? But wheres your car?
Today’s Declutter Item
I bought these canisters to refill my butane burner for silver soldering but they did not have the right fitting for that purpose. They sat in the shed for years so I put them on Freecycle and they were gone by the end of the day. The lesson was ~ do your homework before buying stuff you don’t know about.
My Gratitude List
- Something that made me laugh ~ Liam acting the fool. He has it down to a fine art I must say. I suppose I would have to take at lease 75% credit for the generic imprint.
- Something Awesome ~ Winter, because it is so nice to be able to snuggle up with my hubby and fall asleep. It is too hot for that in the summer although it has it’s advantages too.
- Something to be grateful for ~ The good old recipes handed down to me by my mother. She taught us the stills to cook as well and I often take that for granted until I help my own kids with cooking and remember there is more to the skill than meets the eye. Learning why the steps are necessary is just as important as doing them. Thanks Mum and thanks also Mrs Lawson my old Home Economics teacher.
- Something that made me happy ~ Giving credit where credit was due. It gave the receiver a boost of confidence and I felt good doing it.
- Something I had fun with ~ I discovered an Air Supply album on my iphone and am listening to it while I write this. I haven’t heard this album for years.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when Iâ€™m slow