While blog hopping I ran across a list which I have put a link to below which gives a list of 100 things that are free to enjoy and make life happier. It got me thinking that there were a lot of items on that list that were great alternative to shopping. Things that cost nothing or next to nothing but are a lot more social, healthy, educational, uplifting. rewarding… need I go on.
Here are some of the things I could and do take advantage of on a regular basis
- Go for a walk
- Go to the beach
- Spending time with friends
- Sitting back and enjoying the view. (Anywhere even people watching can be fun)
- Having a cup of tea on my patio and listening to the birds singing
- Doing a favour for a friend
- Go to the library and borrow a book sit and read there for a while
- Write a blog about something you are passionate about (trust me that can take up plenty of time)
- Read other peoples blogs they can be very informative and uplifting
- Enjoy a hobby (join of group to enjoy this with)
- Visit some art galleries
- Go to a museum (look closely at things the time will fly)
- Do some decluttering (I had to throw that one in)
The list could just go on and on and there is no time for shopping with all this stuff to do and the pleasurable memories linger longer than any joy of acquiring another item that I will soon tire of and waste money on.
Here is the link that I promised at the start of my post.
ITEM 157 OF 365 LESS THINGS
The box of baseball cards I am so happy to have found a home for on Freecycle
I would just like to say at this point that although Pack Wars can be a fun activity collector cards are really just a form of gambling. Any activity where you outlay money for an item with a value unknown in the hope that it will be worth more than what you paid for it is gambling.