Today as inspiration to do a little decluttering I am going to challenge you to take part in ten declutter mini missions. I have been including these missions on my new Twitter account and added some extras for fun. I will check back with you next Thursday to see how you went. So get cracking and be sure to send me some feedback on your progress.
- Take a look in your closet and find 5 items you no longer use/wear (shoes, clothes, bags, belts…).
- Find 1 item that someone gave you that you no longer want but are keeping just because it was given to you.
- Find 2 items in your home that once had sentimental value but are now just taking up space.
- Sit on your sofa and look around and see if you can see 1 thing you no longer want.
- Take a look in your pantry and take out 2 out-of-date items.
- Find 5 things in your utensil drawer that you never use.
- Take a look in your bathroom cabinet and remove 2 items you no longer use.
- Have a search through your first aid kit/cabinet and remove any out-of-date items.
- Go through your sock draw and take out any holey socks that you keep avoiding to wear.
- Have a look in your bookcase and remove 1 book you know you will be unlikely to read again.
Give away, throw away or sell all the items you have found during your mini missions and you will be at least 22 items closer to a decluttered home. If you can’t find as many items as I have stated that is even better because you must already be well on your way to being fully decluttered.
Item of 365 less things
5 Things I am grateful for today
- The house cleaning went smoothly – So smoothly that I did a little decluttering and reorganising of our walk in wardrobe as well.
- A cool breeze on a hot day.
- Having another good laugh with Liam – He knows of some very funny web sites.
- That first cup of coffee in the morning – It never fails to please.
- Christmas decorations – I may not be putting any up this year but I can enjoy others that I see.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.