Key #2 -Start with the easy stuff
When it comes to decluttering there are always those items that are easy to part with and items that for one reason or another you feel more attached to. My advice is to start with the easy stuff. Things you know for sure that you no longer want or need. Once you start to see and feel the benefits of your decluttering I am sure you will become more ruthless at parting with stuff. By the time you are done, you will wonder why you were ever so attached to those “hard to get rid of” items.
Item 358 of 365 less things
5 Reflections of gratefulness and sanity this year
- Finally seeing sense and quitting my thankless job.
- Finally feeling at home in Australia again – It took a while
- Having good friends that stick by me through thick and thin –I do the same for them.
- Learning how to say no more often to things I don’t want to do or believe in – People really do respect your wishes and I haven’t lost any friends or loved ones over it.
- Managing to stay sane through all the ups and down of this year – It sure has been an interesting one. Dear Lord can I please place my order for a much less stressful one next year. Amen.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.