It’s Monday again and time for another set of mini missions. How did you go with the missions from Saturday and Monday last week? I know that Calico ginger, Susan S and Janetta were having some great success with their attempts to follow all seven and Mrs Green from Myzerowaste.com was also getting in on the act, Lady In a Small Town is even blogging about it and quite a number of you wrote in to say how much you liked the mini missions and are giving them your best shot. Did you do all seven or were there some things you didn’t have to do on the list because you have already taken care of some of these areas thoroughly already? Either way I hope your homes are a little less cluttered than they were at the start of last week.
Here are your mini missions for this week
- Monday – Get to the stores today and return anything you have lying around the house that you have been meaning to take back.
- Tuesday – Everyone has a drawer that holds stay pens. Go to it now and test to see which pens aren’t working and discard them.
- Wednesday – Go to where you store your manuals and warranties. Eliminate those that are now unnecessary or out of date. If you feel a little more adventurous get on-line and download any pdf’s available for your manuals and you will be able to free up a little more space in your filing cabinet.
- Thursday – If you have daughters with hair accessories now is a good time to declutter and re-organise these items.
- Friday – Have a look in your display cabinet there is bond to be something lingering in there that you long ago lost interest in. Time to send it to the thrift shop.
- Saturday – Is the outside of your refrigerator door a cluttered mess? Now is the time to reclaim that clean clear space it used to be. If you aren’t sure you want a clean clear fridge door just take everything off and stand back and see what you think of it. If you don’t like it put the stuff back it’s your refrigerator I am just suggesting you give it a try. (Thanks to Cindy for this mini mission idea)
- Sunday – I think it is time we looked at the garage there must be at least two things you can quickly remove from there.
Today’s Declutter Item
Another one of Liam’s declutter items.
Things I am grateful for today
- Running into old friends and having a nice long chat.
- Knowing the air-conditioner is there if I need it – I think it is going to be a hot day.
- A good nights sleep
- The nice espresso my husband just made me.
- Being safe and dry while many towns in Qld Australia are underwater in the worst floods in years.
Clink on this link of you are interested in nominating 365lessthings for a weblog award. Appropriate categories include Best-Kept Secret Blog, Australian or New Zealand Blog, Best New in 2010 and Best Topical.