Mini Mission Monday is about finding ten minutes a day to declutter. To make it easy for you, each Monday I set seven declutter missions, one for each day of the week for you to follow. It takes the guess work out of decluttering and makes it easy and “fun” for you to achieve some quick decluttering.
This week we are not going to make a lot of space when completing our mimi missions but we won’t be doing any heavy lifting either. We are going to work on some little things what we might otherwise overlook. Some of these areas have been visited in previous mini missions but they are areas that need periodical decluttering so it never hurts to have another sweep though.
Monday – We will start off with one of those categories we have worked on before ~ Little stationary items, pens, pencils, paperclips, rubberbands, thumb tacks…
Tuesday – Check out your spare button collection for ones that are no longer relevant. I know I have plenty of spare buttons that I no longer have the items they came with. I know it pays to keep a few spares of the obvious colours but not a whole jar of them. Of course there may be an exception if you dress-make on a regular basis, I don’t. These excess buttons can be donated to your local thrift shop.
Wednesday – Hair clips and bands are also items that are regularly used and sometimes get broken then work their way to the bottom of the collection. There are also those ones you avoid because they don’t perform as well as others. Now is a good time to weed them out and throw them away.
Thursday – Those old socks and undies that work their way to the bottom of the heap also need weeding out every now and again. Today is the day to take care of this task.
Friday – There are items in the kitchen that sometimes get lost in the heap because they don’t perform as well as others. Potato peelers, odd cutlery, corn cob holders, cake icing tools etc would fall into this category.
Saturday – For those with littlies the change of seasons is a good time to declutter their baby clothes that will no longer be used because unlike adults they aren’t going to fit into them next year.
Sunday – And last but not least there is always little bits of jewellery that are broken or not so loved that could be cleared out of your collection. Some times you can sell off the precious metal from jewellery that you no longer want. Do your homework on this before deciding to sell because some companies offer much less then your items are worth.
Good luck and happy decluttering
Today’s Declutter Item
This old hoody has seen better days and my son is ready to admit it is time to let it go.
My Gratitude List
- Something that made me laugh ~ When my darling husband saw the title for this post he wanted to know if I was decluttering my bras today. Luckily for him I have a good sense of humour. I gave him a slap upside the head for good measure though.
- Something Awesome ~ Getting rid of a pile of junk in the garage. (More about this later in the week)
- Something to be grateful for ~ A nice tender rib eye roast for dinner.
- Something that made me happy ~ Taking an afternoon walk with my hubby, it is always a good opportunity to talk.
- Something I found fascinating ~ The endless possibilities where art is concerned, although I must admit I would pay for some of it.