Oh, how we get stuck in our ways. We do what we know, what other people do, or simply blindly follow old habits. Every now and again we might consider the idea of changing a small habit, but after a little thought decide – ‘Maybe not.’ or ‘What’s the point?” and continue on in the same manner.
Quite often we assume a little change won’t make much difference and ultimately decide not to bother making the effort. What we don’t consider is that maybe one small change could have a larger impact that we imagine. If that is a possibility than allow yourself to imagine how much of a impact several of these small changes can make.
I am not talking about life changing habits, just little tweaks that possibly could have small positive impacts. That being said, small positive impacts can be more life changing than we expect. Just consider the large, positive impact my one-thing-a-day decluttering has made to the functionality and serenity of my home and to that of many of my readers. You would have to agree that finding one thing a day to declutter doesn’t take much effort but it sure makes a lot or difference over time.
- A few small incremental changes in diet can lighten up your pantry and make a large improvement in your health.
- A few small changes in your shopping habits can make a positive impact on your savings account and help avoid a cluttered home.
- The same small change in your shopping habits will also have a positive impact on the environment.
- A little less vanity could help reduce the clutter in your bathroom cabinet or on your dressing table.
- Preparing for the morning before going to bed can make for lower stress levels, a happier awakening and aid you to be where you need to be on time
- Allocating a small pocket of me-time during the day can do a lot to improve ones attitude to working on projects that aren’t so enjoyable.
Where can you make a small change in your life that might just make a big positive impact in the long term. How can this strategy help with your decluttering.
Today’s Mini Mission
Declutter an unwanted gift that you have been keeping out of obligation.
Eco Tip for the Day
If you hang your clothes out to dry made sure you bring them in out of the sun as soon as possible once they dry. Excessive time in the sun will fade them and age them prematurely making it necessary to replace them sooner.
For a full list of my eco tips so far click here
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow