I have decided to dedicate Fridays to my favourite five reader comments and links I enjoyed throughout the week. Today is the first edition I hope you enjoy it.
My Favourite Five Comments
- Cindy on Day 216:- I have a trash can with a lid that raises automatically. We put rechargeable batteries in it and only change them once or twice a year. I love it that it opens when my hands are full and gunky; I love it because it keeps all odors in; I love it because I reused dog food bags… Read More
- Willow on Day 215:- I agree Stephanie that the declutering/minimizing/simplifying process is a pulling off of layers. Usually it starts with the physical items and then moves in to the mental and emotional areas that are ‘cluttered’. And it’s an ongoing process and the two often overlap… Read More
- From Donna on Day 215:- Great post and comments. I totally agree with Willow and the layers analogy. In June I had a fairly successful yard sale and sold a lot of stuff. Once it was all gone I felt pretty giddy about it for a while. Then after I had adjusted to the removal of that layer, I started looking… Read More
- Annie on Day 214:- I agree with voting with our wallets by not purchasing or using certain items. I still use plastic bags at the store but they are brought home and used again to carry things, insulate things and make things, or just as trash bags. I no longer purchase paper towels or bathroom tissue… Read More
- Angelina on Day 210:-I’ve been reading your blog daily and wanted to thank you for sharing your blog with all of us. I love a clean, simple house. Growing up we didn’t have much. When we came to the States everything changed. My parents gave us everything they thought we might… Read More
My Five Favourite Links
- Becoming Minimalist – 12 Reasons Why You’ll Be Happier in a Smaller Home
- Om Freely (Live your life out loud) – On Changing Your Therostat
- Zen Habits – 7 Simple Ways To Say “No”
- Minimalist Woman – Gratitude for a Simplified Life
- People, Not Stuff –3 true reasons I find minimalism challenging
ITEM 218 OF 365 LESS THINGS
We got good use out of these at one point but they haven’t seen the light of day for three years. It is time for them to go.