How many times have you heard or said “But I’m no a morning person”? You know the story “not being a morning person” is a great excuse for continually having a messy bedroom. As a result of “not being a morning person” the bedroom turns into a disaster zone in the attempt to get ready for work each day. Needless to say when the “not a morning person” finally gets around to cleaning up the mess the very next day it’s back to square one again.
As for not being a morning person:-
- This is just a state of mind which can be reversed if you just let it go. The only reason a person isn’t a morning person is because they have convinced themselves they aren’t.
- Getting a good night sleep is key to being a morning person. I would probably not want to get up in the morning either if I stayed up after midnight every night. This can be fixed by changing night habits. Start going to bed about 15 minutes earlier each night until a more suitable bed time is reached.
- Unless you have a job that changes shift all the time it should be relatively simple to attempt to set a routine in place that better suits your daily requirements.
Simplify your morning routine
- Set out your clothes for the next day before you go to bed at night. That way you aren’t wasting precious time rummaging through your closet and hurling clothes all over the place in a panic. You will cause yourself a lot of extra ironing if you leave your clothes crumpled on the floor.
- Set out all the accessories to match the clothing selection you have made above – shoes, jewellery, belt etc.
- If you are a woman have your make-up neatly arranged so everything is easy to find. Put things back in their proper place so it is easy to find what you need the next day. It takes no longer to do this than to put it in the wrong place. After a short time you will be so familiar as to where the right place is you won’t even have to think about it.
- Have your shower the night before if climate allows so there is one less thing to do in the morning.
- If you take 15 minutes or more to do your hair consider a new easier-to-maintain hairstyle.
- If you take your own meal to work make sure you get it ready the night before.
Set your alarm a little earlier if all else fails and you are still finding yourself running late.
Important: You should always leave time for breakfast in your morning routine it is the most important meal of the day.
Item 348 of 365 less things
Hubby just keeps finding more computer bits to get rid off. These parts sold for $10 on ebay.
5 Things I am grateful for today
- 6:30am cup of coffee – enough said.
- Seeing outside the box – I love being able to adapt something to suit my purposes.
- Steve has is stitches out and Liam looks like spending very little time at the brain injury clinic.
- Evening walking – It’s actually too hot and sunny to walk at 7 o’clock in the morning at the moment. At 7:30pm I don’t need sunscreen and the temperature is much more pleasant.
- Annabelle and her cute comment today – It gave me a little laugh and like my mum I love to laugh.