So much great wisdom always surfacing from our readers. Once again it was hard to narrow it down to only five.
- Natalie in response to The pervasive effect or clutter on peace of mind ~ “There is the burden of guilt for spending money on the now unused stuff.” That is me… Read more.
- Jess @ miniMum had this suggestion in response to Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? ~ This problem is why some minimalists recommend the tabula rasa method of decluttering… Read more.
- I had to add this one to today’s favourite five as it was a big achievement fro Andréia although in the end not that much effort ~ Hi! I cleaned my wardrobe yesterday. I spent about 1 hour and 30 minutes doing it, at most… Read more.
- Bethany from Type A minimalist had these words of personal experience wisdom to share with us ~ I completely agree with your assessment that your stuff just weighs you down… Read more.
- Sarah had this to say about “Useful Gifts” ~ In a year I visited about 3-4 medical congresses… Read more.
My five blog picks for the week ~ I didn’t have time to read many more than these five because I was so busy. Luckily I found five good ones quickly
- Get off this wheel ~ The new term – Mediumism
- Type A Minimalist ~ What we’re watching – Waste-land
- Make it Happen ~ Born to win
- Unclutterer ~ Collections trash or treasure
- Exconsumer ~ Cheap minimalist birthday party for kids
Today’s Declutter Item
I think I have mentioned before that I wasn’t going to declutter my bread maker even though I don’t use it all the often unless it died on me. Well it died on me so out it goes. I put it on the footpath hoping someone would claim it for parts but I am not sure if that happend because the pick up happened so fast I didn’t get a chance to see of the bread maker was claimed or not.
My Gratitude List
- Something that made me laugh ~ My friend Amber telling me I didn’t need stuff at the antique store today. I think she was echoing back to me what I am always telling her. (Mrs Pot)
- Something Awesome ~ Checking out all the stuff at the antique shop and then happily leaving with nothing
- Something to be grateful for ~ Friends who do nice things for one another that don’t generate clutter.
- Something that made me happy ~ Enjoying a day with few commitments.
- Something I found fascinating ~ The stuff at the antique shop, it brings back happy memories of my childhood and reminds me loved ones long gone. I could look around in there all day.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow