Here I am again sharing the decluttering love on Valentines Day. We all love a clean house, space and less housework right and the more you declutter the easier all these goals become. Cleaning your home is only a matter of dusting, wiping and mopping when you don’t have to dig out the floors, benches and shelves every time cleaning day comes around. That alone makes decluttering worth the effort because the less stuff you have the less mess you can make with it. So once again I have set out a list of tasks for the week that will bring you closer to a decluttered home and easy maintenance. Who wouldn’t love that!
- Monday – If you decorate for valentines day now is the time to weed out any items among your decorations that have seen better days. Remember less is more so give some thought to a more minimalist look for next year. If you don’t decorate then take today off and spend more time with your loved ones. After all they are what is most important in your life.
- Tuesday – Did you get flowers on Valentines day? How often does this happen and how many vases does one household need? Weed out the ones you know you never use and donate them to charity.
- Wednesday – Have you written any love letters lately or even just an actual letter on paper. I know I haven’t written a real letter in years so I probably don’t need those three pads of writing paper in the stationary drawer. Do you have notepaper you never use? Older folks still use snail maid maybe someone you know would find it more useful so pass it on.
- Thursday – Making things for others is a nice way to show your affection but do you have a collection on unfinished projects floating around your home. We have talked about the burden of aspiration clutter before and now is a good time to remove one of those items. Finish it and pass it on or wipe your hands of it either way you will feel better for it.
- Friday – Did your loved one take you out to dine on Valentines day? If so did you wear something sexy or are your sexy items stashed in the back of a draw somewhere never seen but not forgotten. Use it or loose it I say or better still just love me the way I am. If you have items like this that you know are never going to be used do yourself a favour and remove them. They are the worst type of aspiration clutter. I wouldn’t normally say this but if you do feel the need for an item of this kind in the future just buy yourself something new that suits the current you.
- Saturday – Closets are the go to hiding place for clutter. Pick one closet in your home and assess what is on the floor of it. I imagine there is at least one thing there that can be decluttered.
- Sunday – There is usually one room in our homes that are more cluttered than others. Go to your clutter room and contemplate where the problem lies. Why is this room a collection point for clutter? Pick an small area of this room and declutter it now. While you are doing this have a note book and pen handy and jot down ideas on what else you can do to unclutter this area.
Good luck and happy decluttering
Today’s Declutter Item
Just another storage item that now has nothing to store in it. Another donation to the thrift store.
I am grateful from anything that brings me joy. Below are five things that gave me joy since my last post.
- All the lovely birthday wishes I received from friends and family. That includes my wonderful friends here at 365lessthings. Thank you all!
- The funny banter my husband and I enter into at times. Most people don’t realise he can be a funny guy.
- The birthday gift my son gave me. – It was amusing because he knew it was something I wanted but I was too cheap to by it myself. So he went back to the store where we had seen it and bought it for me. It was an odd gift but much appreciated.
- How much thought went into the creation of the dishes that I enjoyed at my birthday dinner. – Some chefs just go that extra mile.
- How close my children are – They don’t always see eye to eye but their bond is special and plain to see.
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow.