When I began decluttering it was all about downsizing to fit into a smaller home. However it didn’t take long to realise that decluttering resulted in simplicity. Here are some ways in which my life has become simpler due to my decluttering.
- Decluttering displayed items means less dusting making housework simpler.
- Decluttering items inside cupboards and drawers makes it simpler to keep them organised and tidy.
- Less stuff in general makes it simpler to keep an entire home tidy.
- And when the house is tidier it is also simpler to clean the surfaces because there is less stuff to move out of your way.
- Simplifying your housework means it is simpler to find time to do other things you enjoy more.
- The less clothes I own the simpler it is to decide what to wear.
- The less stuff I buy (because I don’t want to become cluttered again) the simpler it is to save money.
- The less stuff to choose from in any category the simpler it is to find the items I need when I need them.
And now that I have reached my goal of living in a smaller place in a wonderful location it is…
- Simpler to keep fit because it is a delight to go out for long walks and enjoy the scenery and atmosphere.
- It is simpler to get from A to B because most of what I need is within walking or cycling distance which means no getting the car out and trying to find parking spots. And public transport is in abundance here also.
- It is simpler to get to a cafe that sells good coffee because there are so many handy to my location.
- It is simpler to go to the movie theatre, the beach and restaurants because they are also within walking distance.
I am sure I could go on but I will leave it at that for now.
What have you found to be simpler in your life because of your decluttering? And what possibilities or opportunities have opened up in your life for the same reason?
Today’s Mini Mission
Make the effort to list an item for sale that you are been wanting to rid yourself of but haven’t mustered the effort to bother with.
Eco Tip for the Day
If you are one for ironing just about anything ~ sheets, underwear, pyjamas, tea towels etc ~ do yourself a favour and give it up for the sake of the environment. Electrical energy won’t be the only energy you will be saving.
For a full list of my eco tips so far click here
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when I’m slow