I have a little book that a friend gave me recently although she knows better than to give me presents she just can’t help herself. The little book is called Everyday Happy 365 Ways to a better you – by Jenny Hare. Day 339 was so relevant to the way I declutter that I thought I would share it with you on Day 339Â Simple Sunday. So here it is…
Break tasks down
When you are trying to get something done, it may help to break the project down into easy do-able chunks. Looking at the whole picture can be so daunting that you judder to a halt before you’ve even begun.
Setting it out in bite-size chunks and tackling them one by one, suddenly makes the process less of a scary task and more of a pleasure. When you complete a section, you’ll feel so pleased with yourself you’ll eagerly get going with the next one.
Bit by bit – when you move through a job piece by piece the whole journey feels good.
Item 339 of 365 less things
Yet more plastic drawers the we no longer have anything to put in. Decluttering the clutter holders is a good sign of making progress.
5 Things I am grateful for today
- We had a nice amble around a local craft fair – All we came away with were good ideas.
- We had a lovely get together with the neighbours – A neighbourhood get together to say Merry Christmas to each other and welcome to the newcomers.
- Leftovers for dinner – So I didn’t have to cook.
- Free 20 minute cell phone calls after 8pm – They are the main source of communication with my daughter.
- Stumbling upon today’s post idea at the 11th hour
It matters not how fast I go, I hurry faster when Iâ€™m slow.