This week we are going to do something a little different with our mini missions. I want you to pick a room in your home that has a clutter issue, and this room is going to be the focus of your mini missions this week. Make a vow to yourself that you are not going to add any extra clutter to this room. Anything you use from or in it during the week you are going to put away immediately after use. Choose departure points for your decluttered items, some will go in the trash some will end up in the recycling bin while others will be donated. Make sure your donation departure point is in an out of the way place, preferably in the garage where you can load them into the car at the end of the week. If you have the opportunity to dispose of them as you go along that is all the better because then you won’t be tempted to keep them. Lets get started.
- Monday – Tidy off one elevated surface in your focus room putting everything away in its proper home.
- Tuesday – Go back to your chosen room again and pick another elevated surface to clear off. Once again put everything away in its proper home and move any unwanted clutter to your clutter departure points.
- Wednesday – Today you are going to clear off the floor in your chosen room. Pick up anything that doesn’t belong on the floor and find a home for it. Once again move any unwanted clutter to its departure point.
- Thursday – Choose a drawer in this room and declutter it. If you have no drawers choose a small area that is out of sight. A box under a bed, a shelf or a small cabinet.
- Friday – Repeat the same task as Thursday.
- Saturday – Declutter an area of your own choosing in the room today. By now the room should be in pretty good shape.
- Sunday – Put your donation items into your car and plan on delivering them to their new home/s ASAP. If this room still needs some decluttering, vow to finish it in the near future and make a promise to yourself not to clutter this room again.
Good luck and happy decluttering
Today’s Declutter Item
The problem with picture frames of this nature is that the frame is so busy that it overshadows the photo that goes in it. So it is frame clutter in more ways than one. Maybe someone else will love it and buy it at the thrift store.
I am grateful for anything that brings me joy. Below are five things that gave me joy since my last post.
- Going exploring in an area of my city I haven’t spend much time in. We caughtÂ the ferry to get there which we had not done before either.
- Two of my readers have offered or agreed to write guest posts for me. I am looking forward to the results.
- My husband revisiting keepsake boxes and getting more ruthless with the decluttering.
- I was grateful that we were undercover during our evening walk when the rain started to come down. We weren’t far from home so we waited for the rain to stop and went home.
- Big Bang Theory – even when they are repeats I still get a laugh.