We all know there are only so many hours in the day. How many of them do you want to spendâ€¦
- …looking for things you need but can’t find among your excess stuff.
- …looking for things you didn’t put away where they belong.
- …choosing what to use or wear among an overabundance of stuff.
- …moving things in order to clean your home.
- …running around like a mad thing cleaning up every time someone is coming to your home for a brief or long visit.
- …dusting trinkets that aren’t even really that special to you.
- …struggling to make things fit into, what ought to be, your more than adequate size home.
- …shopping for more stuff that you will have to cram in somewhere just for the thrill of having something new.
- …feeling ashamed of how your home looks.
- …procrastinating about doing something about it.
What could you spend your precious time doing instead?
- Feeling less stressed.
- Spending time with friends and loved ones.
- Creating beautiful things.
- Living in the knowledge that anyone could drop in anytime and your home will be tidy and inviting.
- Enjoy some time in nature, a walk by the beach, hiking or watching your garden grow.
- Volunteering in your community, This can be very satisfying.
- Having extra time to focus intently on one task at a time so you get the best result
- Getting your home in order so you can feel content there.
It may take a little time to get from list A to List B but it will be totally worth it.
Today’s Mini Mission
Declutter an item of clothing that you donâ€™t feel good in. Be that because of Â fit, visual or comfort reasons.
Today’s Declutter Item
Eco Tip for the Day
Organise your weekly menu prior to grocery shopping. This will help avoid extra trips in the car to the grocery store.
For a full list of my eco tips so far click here